I suggest you ...

add comment fails

I justtried to add a comment to an existing issue from within CodeHub. This unfortunately fails with an error: "The server is unable to locate the requested resource".

This happened on a public repository of a organisational account. I tried removing cache, and select my account again (so CodeHub would log in again). Unfortunately, this had no effect.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Freek DijkstraFreek Dijkstra shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris JMChris JM commented  · 

We need some way to e-mail ourselves with the content of the comment or issue we attempted to post when posting fails. It's extremely frustrating to have typed up an issue only to get the “cannot post” error and have to copy all the information ourselves. An option to send an e-mail so we can paste the information into desktop GitHub when we're at our computers would be much appreciated.

• Egbert BroerseEgbert Broerse commented  · 

So, how's this issue evolving? Haven't noticed any improvement since last October.

• Egbert BroerseEgbert Broerse commented  · 

The app let's me add a comment in one of my own repos, but fails as described above (main message: Unable to post comment) in someone else's repo.
        On GitHub web I can however add a comment in the exact same place, so it might be the handling of user rights in CodeHub (iOS 9.02)

Feedback and Knowledge Base